Saturday, June 20, 2015

Well Then! ~ & ~ a Yummy Summer Salad Recipe

Well! After that little post about NSAID's I'm back to fill you in on my HCG journey!

These were chickens roasted on the spit from last year. Don't they look Yummy!
They are much larger than the little Cornish Game Hens featured below. 

Yesterday was a FUN day filled with running around and fixing our gargantuan barbeque. It has sat broken down and missing a jet for over a year now. Last year my husband decided to take the barbeque back behind my shop and deep clean it. While doing so he removed the jets to inspect and clean. While removing one jet it came out in two pieces. That sucked but we figured we could find the part and have it back up and running in no time. NOPE!

We found the part and ordered it. Waited and waited and waited...no part delivered. This was after a month. We called and they said it was on back order. So we waited again. More time goes bye and still no part or no contact from the appliance sales people. We call again and this time were informed that they discontinued that part but they were on back order if any parts should be around they'd be the first to receive them and they'd ship our part out to us as soon as they got it. We ordered this part in May last year. This was in August of that same year. And then back to them again in October. We finally have them refund us and sit and sulk. We use our barbeque all the time! Good thing we had our tailgate barbeque! While tiny it still cooks steak ok.

So a couple weeks ago we were looking at replacing our monster barbeque and my husband had a great idea. Let's see if we can find the part once more before we go looking for another. This is a huge Jenn Air Grill and is not going to be cheap to replace. So I agree. He looks and finds it in 10 minutes! AWESOME!!! And it's actually in stock. The only problem is that it's not like the original part but is a re-configured part that was made to work and replace the old jets. So we order it.

Ok, I'm thinking for 100.00 it better work! But mostly I'm thinking it better actually be in stock and get shipped. You know?! Sheish!

So it arrived on Thursday! Yay!!! It's definitely different from the others. But we'll see. It took a couple hours to tear the beast apart and put the new part in. We fired up that baby and my sweet husband cooked us some Cornish Game Hens on the spit! Oh So Yummy!!!

I wish I had taken photos! They were so pretty!!!

Well, remember for HCG we don't do fat, starch or sugar of any kind! So I had my portion of a game hen without skin. Which is cool anyway because YUCK! Unless it's crunchy. This one had crunchy skin in spades. But YUCK anyway! Yep! Keep telling myself that! ;)

I made a cucumber and tomato salad. So delicious and super easy!!!

Cucumber Tomato Salad ala Sabrina

1 Cucumber cut into cubes
2 Tomatoes cut into cubes
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/4 c Rice Vinegar (No SUGAR Added)
1/8 tspRed Pepper Flakes
1/2 tsp Liquid Amino's
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder (or 1 clove fresh)
1/8 tsp Onion Powder (or 1/4 onion chopped fresh)
Stevia to taste

Mix and Eat! Now when I say stevia to taste you choose if you want to have a sweet salad or a salty salad. You can add it or leave it out. What ever goes with the meal you're making or your mood. I omitted the stevia last night because it fit the meal.

The reason I didn't use fresh onions is that I have Vidalia Onions which are super sweet/high on sugar content. I had the 2 veggies above and don't want to add more to my caloric content. I have made this with all fresh raw ingredients~ Garlic, Onion Cuc's and Tomatoes before and it's delish! So you decide how you want to make it.

Now if you want to know how the cornish game hens were cooked it's simple...
Grab your thawed hens, season them with your favorite seasonings and slip on the spit. Cook until they reach a temperature of 160 (breast area) -170 (thigh area) on your meat thermometer.

We seasoned them in this order:
Sea Salt rubbed in
Sprinkled them with part of a packet of "Balsamic & Roasted Onion Veggie Roaster" by Urban Accents. Weird I know but Oh So Good!!!
And finally a bit of Johnny's because that's a staple in our house.
They sat after that for about 30minutes waiting and marinating and then were trussed and put on the spit then placed on the rotisserie until they were done.
Easy Peasy!

My VLCD5 Results (This is after my 4th day of 500 calories):
Down another .7lbs!
I decided I needed to see if anything was actually happening besides eliminating water weight. There is!!! I have already lost over an inch on my waist! Seriously!!! I didn't measure anywhere else because that was enough to reassure me and to thrill me for today. :) So far so good!

By the way! I've found that by using the freeze-dried unsweetened unsulfured fruits like apples, strawberries, blueberries or raspberries I can satisfy that need for a sweet crunchy snack. They run about $3-5 depending on what you pick out. Go check them out! Yummy!!!




Each bag is listed as a single serving with 130 calories. If you break these down into smaller portions your purchase goes farther and gives you the space for the foods you're supposed to eat like protein. In other words they're good for a snack like your apple is. BUT don't go crazy!!! They are a snack not a meal! That's 130 calories of your 500 calorie allotment. Be smart about how you want to incorporate these delicious treats into your food program.

Ok, I'm off! Errands this morning and hitting the torch to fill bead orders this afternoon!
Have a Great Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment