Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Here We Go!!! VLCD1

Day 1

It's that simple. Day 1. Today.


Today I start Phase 2. The actual weight loss part of the diet.

This is the first of several VLCD's (Very Low Calorie Diet/Day). I haven't yet finished my tea. Probably should do that because I am feeling hungry. But it's only 8 in the morning! Once my day gets rolling and I'm busy all should be good.

I finished off my last loading day with some ham cheese and mustard and one last episode of Revenge. Ooo! It was Yummy!!! I figured I'd wake up and see a 2 pound gain because I'm loading and I ate lots of fatty foods. Nope! I lost. So my 1.9 gain is now a 1.4. Easy enough to take off. I'm just hoping that it will not affect the first week of my VLCD.

The fat gained in the Loading Phase is supposed to help minimize hunger and assist your body in switching from phase 1 to phase 2 easier. I read that somewhere. I think it's all theory really.

I can theorize the loss as being water loss caused from the HCG. I can also theorize that my loss and low weight gain was caused by not having taken HCG for so long. It has been just over 9 months since my last attempted round that lasted only 2 weeks. I can also theorize that my minimal loss is a direct cause of my body being used to eating like crap already. ;) It's probably a combination of all those factors. At any rate I'm ok with it. I think my body will function the way it should on this round.

My mind is in a very different place and my body is definitely there as well. This is for more than just loosing weight to look good in a pair of jeans or no clothes at all.

I've noticed that since my weight gain I have more aches and pains in my knee's, hips, back and really just all over. It's not just my shoulder injury that hurts any longer. It's my whole body. If my muscles and joints hurt can you imagine what the inside of my body is feeling? My heart? My liver and kidneys? Not to mention my intestines!

I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease 8 years ago. I totally didn't believe that they were correct on the diagnosis. After all I was FAT! Really FAT! But from that time I learned that my body, joints especially, cannot handle wheat. It literally hurts my body. Weird huh. You grow up with mac and cheese and all those delicious cookies and cakes and then all of a sudden you're thrown into this world of not being able to have it unless you're willing to suffer the consequences. That's what started my weight loss journey way back in the day.

Did you know that Crohn's Disease is a disease of Industrialized Countries? It is. What do all these countries have in common? Processed Foods!!! When my gastrointestinal doctor told me that little snip-it I was floored! We lived on box foods because they VERY were affordable. By buying products that were marketed as being wholesome and affordable I was killing my body...And I was feeding my children that crap too!!!

Since that discovery I've personally cut back on purchasing any boxed foods. The kids now see mac and cheese as a treat that they get to have once in a blue moon... maybe once a year. We cook meats and veggies. But we're still stuck in the sweet's part of the mess. I'm working on that with them now. They're not happy but they will be when they grow up. We can still have sweet treats. It just won't be processed sweet treats. It will be fresh or made here where we know what's in it.

I think that's a good trade off for a healthy body and healthy children. Don't you?

Back to today! I've got a day to plan and live. I'm thinking chicken for dinner...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment