Friday, January 17, 2014

HCG P2 Simple Meringue Cookie Recipe


As promised here is my recipe complete with photos for P2 friendly Simple Meringue Cookies!!!

Simple Meringue Cookie recipe for P2 by Sabrina Koebel of Sunny or Money!
3 Egg whites
1/8tsp Cream of Tartar
1/2tsp Vanilla Extract.
(This is where you can use your Vanilla flavored Stevia. Use it to taste...Don't eat raw eggs. But use your knowledge of your Stevia. For me I use vanilla and then powdered stevia from Trader Joes.)
4-6 packets Stevia (I use 6 because I like them sweet!)
*Now you can add your flavor:
*Lemon Zest
*Cocoa Powder
*Even Orange!
You could even use your flavored Stevia Drops in place of the Stevia and Vanilla.
The possibilities are endless for variety! 

Heat oven to 300
Whip egg whites and cream of tartar and Vanilla/Stevia until fluffy stiff peaks are formed. 
Soft Peaks (Yes, I'm hand whisking these babies!)

Yay!!! We have Stiff Peaks!

Then fold in your flavor if you chose to use cocoa powder, lemon zest, vanilla etc. 

Now if you use the powder stevia you will mix them in with the egg mix after they have formed soft peaks. Then whip until they have formed stiff peaks. Then fold in your flavor.

Use a teaspoon to drop little dollops onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
These are Jumbo dollops! There are 12 on my small sheet. 
Now bake them for 25-30 minutes. Depending on how you like yours. I like mine crisp on the outside. They remind me of Marshmallows! Yummy! The kids say they're like eating sweet air. True but what a treat when you really need one! Guilt Free to boot!!!

For my recipe I used Vanilla extract and 4 packets Powdered Stevia from Trader Joe's.

Nutritional Facts:
Egg Whites from Large Eggs ......... 16 calories each totaling  48 calories
Cream of Tartar................... 1/8 tsp totals 2.5 calories
Vanilla Extract .....................1 tsp equals 12 calories
Stevia via Trader Joe's...........0 calories
Total calories in the whole recipe: 62.5 Calories 
Total Calories per cookie: 5.208 calories per cookie! 
With total protein per cookie .9g 
Total protein for the whole batch is 10.8g
So eat and enjoy! :)
Sabrina







16 comments:

  1. LOVE this recipe!!! Have come back to it time and time again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tashena! I hope to add more Yummy recipes for you to enjoy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you thank you thank you! These are just what I needed to keep me from cheating!!! mmmm mmmm good. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What meal or snack would these replace?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how many is a serving? these sound fantastic but i don't want to screw anything up...

      Delete
    2. The whole batch is a serving. :)

      Delete
  5. How does one add cocoa powder successfully? How much? I tried 3 tbsp and it collapsed the meringue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a slow process. I mix it in with a small portion then mix that in with the rest.

      Delete
  6. Are they supposed to be chewy? I think I did something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should be more like biting into a cloud. You might have over cooked them.

      Delete
  7. I just tried this and when I tried whisking the eggs, they wouldn't stiffen, stayed watery. Whisked a good 1/2 hour. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you have a warm bowl? Was there anything in the bowl besides egg whites? Maybe a little water? A little of the yolk? I do know that whisking by hand has to be done vigorously so maybe try your kitchen aid.

      Delete
    2. This was happening to me so I switched to a handheld powered mixer on the highest setting. Only took 3 minutes at that point to get stuff peaks!

      Delete
  8. Mine was kinda gewy on the inside. I put them in for 5 more minutes. I only baked them for 25 minutes so hopefully they finish cooking. They were cooling so i hope I dont ruin them. #firsttry

    ReplyDelete