Monday, January 20, 2014

HCG P2 Peanut Sauce Recipe! Nope! I'm not Joking!!!

I told you that I'd have a super duper awesome surprise for you!

P2 Peanut Sauce!!!

It happens to be one of my favorite things to make for Phase 2 because it's so much like the real thing!
Peanut Sauce! Yep the same stuff you pour over your chicken atop a bed of spinach. Yummy!!!
Ok, I'll admit that it's not quite the same but DANG it tastes close! AND it works for that "I need REAL food!" desire. No Joke!

Ok, you know how I rant and rave about Walden Farms products?

Well, I'm ranting again!

Get your rear over there and order some of their delicious sauces! Even Salad Dressings! OMG if you haven't done it yet you're missing out! Seriously! AND in order to make this recipe you need one key ingredient from them~ Duh duh Duuuuhhhh ~ Walden Farm Peanut Spread!

Run over there right now and order it! It's the main ingredient for my peanut sauce recipe so you're gonna need it and love me when you're done! BUT you can't blame me when you end up ordering some salad dressing, some marshmallow dip, or even chocolate sauce! Nope! Well, I take that back! If you order those things and are in HEAVEN when they arrive then by all means blame me! But if you spend more than you were planning~ bite your tongue. I can't be blamed for your shopping spree. I can only take the blame for mine...Because I go nuts there too! Just ask my husband! ;)



Here's the link:
http://waldenfarms.com/products/spread_peanut.html
You'll need 1 whole jar of this for the recipe.

Recipe Follows! Woot Woot!!!


P2 Peanut Sauce by Sabrina Koebel of Sunny or Money! 

1 Jar Walden Farms Peanut Sauce
1/2 tsp Garlic powder Or 4 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp Ginger powder or 1 tbs minced Ginger Root
Crushed Red Pepper to taste. Depends on how spicy you like it. I use about 1/2 tsp via my little grinder.
Pinch of Lemon Grass if desired. Sometimes I add it other times I don't.
2 TBS White Vinegar
2 TBS Soy Sauce
2-4 TBS Sweet Cooking Rice Seasoning Optional when on P3. Since this has 70 calories per 2 TBS
1 tsp Sesame Seeds Optional
4-6 pkts Stevia Powder (I use this in place of the Sweet Cooking Rice Seasoning while on P2.)
1/2 cup Water

Mix all this up in a pan on the stove.


Cook over medium until it comes to a boil while stirring constantly.
Keep it from scorching. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and Serve.



I serve mine over chicken that I've cut into cubes (for "rice") or sliced into thin strips (for spinach) and cooked with garlic and ginger either over a bed of Miracle Noodle Rice or a bed of Spinach. Depending on my mood.

Calories in the whole pot:
Peanut Spread = 0 calories!
Soy sauce 9 per TBS = 18calories
Stevia = 0 calories
Garlic (powder) 9 calories per tsp = 4.5 calories
Ginger (powder) 19 calories per TBS = 6.3 calories in our tsp.
Vinegar = 0 calories
Sesame Seeds per TBS 52 calories (Optional)
Sweet cooking seasoning per 2 TBS 70 calories (Optional)
-----------------------------------
Total without the optional seeds and sweet cooking seasoning = 28.8! That's in the WHOLE Pot guys!!! No Joke!!! The whole pot makes up approximately 3-4 cups of sauce depending on how much water and vinegar you put in. Like I said, you can augment this recipe to fit your tastes. If you like a runny sauce add more water. I love the bite of vinegar some days so I'll add more. And other days I want it sweeter with more soy sauce.  I'll adjust with stevia and keep track of my soy because that's where the calories are. But this is the best Guilt Free meal on earth while you're on P2!

By looking at the calories you can indeed add the optional sesame seeds and sweet cooking seasoning for a total of 160.8 calories in the whole pot for P3/P4. But because in the Sweet cooking seasoning there is sugar I would steer clear of it for now.

Now if you put this over chicken and Miracle Noodle Rice then you've got a filling meal for basically the calories in your chicken. Crazy! But true!

AND it refrigerates great!

I really need to take a good photo of the sauce over chicken so you can see how yummy it is! Feel free to email me your photos of your sauce! Let me know what you think!

******************

Review time...
What do I think of the Walden Farms Peanut Spread outside of my sauce? I really don't like it by itself. I do however add it to my chocolate "ice cream" recipe to change it up now and again. I'll add cocoa powder to it and make a quick dip for apples. But by itself it's not my favorite. That's why I came up with the recipe. I had ordered a case of the stuff and was stuck with it. So what do you do? Figure out how to use it. LOL I'm sure I'll come up with more ways to use this marvelous stuff soon. But for now my favorite is still peanut sauce! I will be using it from now on because it's so guilt free! No fat or calories? And tastes great? You Bet!!!

That's it for today!
Have Fun Eating Guilt Free!
Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment