Sunday, September 20, 2015

P2 Rogue Recipe Greek Chicken with Cauliflower Rice and Greek Salad



I made some Witch Hats, Bats and Pumpkins!!!

I worked late last night on a tutorial for an online glass workers magazine and ended up working even later making beads! AND I just love halloween beads! 

I am known for my Day of the Dead Sugar Skull Focals and so I generally fill my late summer and early fall making those. But decided that it was time to break out the traditional Witchery for Halloween! 

So maybe my late night might be the reason for my lack of hunger today... I don't know but it sounds good. ;) 

I hadn't eaten until dinner with the exception of my tea. I keep my tea hot and full on rainy days like this. That might be part of the reason I'm not hungry. I did eat a couple slices of dried apples just because I thought I should eat something... But that's it. 

It's a daily chore! I have to make dinner not just for myself but for my husband and my boys. Even if I'm not hungry. But when I started cooking this! Oy vey! I found myself Hungry Hungry!!! The scents! The texture!!! What a great dinner! I'm glad I did get off my lazy tea drinking rear and made dinner tonight!!! 


This meal is almost Greek... I say almost because I have not included Kalamata Olives or Feta Cheese or even Olive oil. But the seasonings make up for that in a big way!!!

Try this recipe and let me know what you think!!!



Greek Chicken and Cauliflower Rice with Greek Salad/Salsa
Ingredients:

Chicken Ingredients ~
2 Chicken Breasts trimmed and sliced into lengthwise strips
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon greek seasonings
Ground pepper to taste
1/4 Onion sliced thinly

Cauliflower Rice ~
1 head of cauliflower ran through your food processor to rice consistency

Greek Salad/Salsa ~
1 Cucumber chopped into cubes
2 Tomatoes chopped into cubes
2 tablespoons Lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon greek seasonings
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions:

Cook chicken breast over medium low heat with all seasonings, lemon juice and onion until done. Remember to cover with a lid. You'll want the sauce to top your meat and "rice" with.
If you don't have greek seasonings you can improvise with italian seasonings and add rosemary, dill, cinnamon, nutmeg, marjoram, and garlic. Just season until it smells yummy to your nose. I add a little bit of the cinnamon and nutmeg...not a lot as they are very strong in small amounts.

While that's cooking rice your cauliflower and pop in the microwave until finished.

Then chop up your cucumber and tomatoes put in a bowl. Then add seasonings and mix.

When everything is done place meat over rice with a bit of sauce. You can either top it with your greek salad/salsa or put it on the plate as a side dish.
Makes 4 servings @ 178 calories each.

This was Delish!!! If you're in P3 or P4 add feta cheese and the kalamata olives!!! It makes this dish even better!!!

Happy Sunday!!!
Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment