Monday, September 21, 2015

HCG P2 Portobello Mushrooms with Ground Turkey and Spinach Stffing



Dinner tonight!!! 

OMG!!! So Devine!!!
Sure wish I had taken a photo of them finished!

Today was a busy day!!! Thank heavens for quick inspiration at the local Trader Joe's!
I found these gorgeous Portobello mushrooms in the vegetable section waaaay up on the top shelf! I had to get help from my son to reach them.

I love how fast this is to whip up! took me 15 minutes to cook up the meat and another 20 to bake!

Portobello Mushrooms with Garlic Spinach Lean Turkey Stuffing!

Ingredients:
3-4 Portobello Mushroom Caps
1/2 lb leanest ground turkey you can find (this is 2 4oz servings)
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 cup cauliflower riced
6 cloves garlic minced
2 table spoons tomato paste
1/4 onion chopped
1/4 cup water
Italian seasoning to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Remove stems from mushroom caps and wipe the caps clean. Don't wash them to avoid them becoming soggy. ;) Pat dry.

This step you can do or not do it's up to you.
Broil the mushroom for 5 minutes on each side. This helps to release excess water and to cook them a bit.
I personally don't always do that unless it's a stuffing I don't need to cook through etc.
This time I just precooked the stuffing then baked extra long because I was being lazy. ;)

In a small frying pan cook minced garlic and onions until slightly browned/translucent. If you need oil use a small amount of coconut oil or water.

Add ground turkey and seasonings cook until done. Add tomato paste and water cook for another 5 or so minutes.

Toss in chopped spinach and cauliflower rice, mix well. Let cook for 1 more minute then set aside.

On a lined cookie sheet place your mushrooms with space between. Stuff (or top) with meat mixture. Since I didn't have cheese in this mix I pressed the meat mixture a little but not to mash it into the mushroom, more to make sure it doesn't crumble and fall off when I move the pan.

Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and then broil for 5-8 minutes until browned.

Total recipe is 402 calories for 3-4 mushrooms stuffed. If you've got 3 mushrooms stuffed they're 131 calories each. If you got 4 stuffed they're 100.5 calories each!

Enjoy!!!
Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment