Friday, September 6, 2013

My HCG Journey Round 2

Have you ever had one of those days where you swear you put it "here" but for some weird reason it's not? Well, that's kinda what today is. Kinda...

I started posting about my HCG journey and saved the blog post because I had more to add to it later when I had more time. Well, where that blog entry went when I saved it is beyond me. So I'll just start a new post. It's probably a good thing anyway as today marks the first Loading day of my second round of HCG. I'm excited and ready to see the fat melt away!

No, it's not an exaggeration! The fat literally melts off you while you're taking the HCG injections/drops. It's amazing! No, it's not an easy road but it really does pay off dramatically if you stick to it.

Here, take a look at the results from my first round:

Sure you can't see the rest of me but believe me it's there! So that's me at 190+ pounds and my daughter at approximately the same weight. We started our HCG Round 1 Journey on June 17th this year. Within the first week I dropped 7.5 lbs and she dropped roughly the same. After that the weight seemed to slowly drop for me. A half pound here a full pound there. By the end I had released a total of 28.6 lbs. Today I weighed in at 161.4 lbs. I've maintained my weight for the summer and am ready to start on my next round. 

Here's the best photo I could find that shows you the difference in my face:




Quite a difference isn't it! :) Yay Me!!!

So along with the changing number on the scale was the visible difference in the size of my clothes! I went from a size 14 (tight fit!) to a size 8! Seriously!!! I went down 7.5 inches on my waist alone! AMAZING!!!

And before you ask why my boobs are still big...the answer is simple...They're augmented. They're always going to be that size. :) Thank heavens! I paid good money for those! I want to keep them!

So you're wondering what made me decide to do HCG? Well, I had done one round a couple years ago and dropped weight like it was going out of style. This was before they pulled the plug on having the hormones in the sublingual drops so I had the real deal for that round. After that I did a subsequent round and failed miserably.

Why? Why? Oh Why?!!! That's exactly what I was crying! The reason is because they opted for a homeopathic replacement for the hormone that the FDA agreed on. This new drop formulation didn't work. I was hungry, cranky, depressed and not loosing the weight I so desperately wanted to loose. So I opted for putting on my big girl pants and moved on and lived my life as I was.

Not so good when your pants are tight and you're starting to fit into those old pants you held onto after you lost that weight in the first place. Nope nope nope! So I did some research and reading and decided if the only way to get the real HCG again was to order the injections or sublingual drops that cost an arm and a leg I was going to bite the bullet. If I don't invest in my health I wouldn't have a good future. Besides being and eating the way I was was hurting me. It was reverting my gastro issues back to those of my past when I was diagnosed with Crohn's and then later had my gallbladder removed. Not a good situation for me or my family. So I ordered the injectable HCG and roped my daughter into joining me!

I have to say that at first it was a slight struggle to get over the thought of sticking a needle in myself daily. But it is such a tiny needle and I honestly don't feel it. It was easier and easier every morning when I got up and the first thing I did was give myself my daily dose and grabbed my cup of coffee. It just became routine.

Side affects? Nope. None. Unless you count lack of hunger. After the first few days the cravings subsided. I no longer craved sugar the way I had before. Sure I needed sweets, but I switched my sweet fix to a sweet fruit fix using Stevia as my sugar! I learned how to make ice cream out of frozen fruit, stevia and water. Yummy! I also found sugar and calorie free chocolate sauce to make smoothies, milkshakes and ice cream with. I also figured out how much more sugar content and caloric content that milk had versus half and half. Wow! Add a couple tablespoons to your ice, chocolate sauce and water in a blender and BAM! Yummy chocolate shake! Anyway! Waaaayyy off subject! I didn't crave because I found substitutes for my regular treats so I didn't feel deprived. I knew I could have something if I need it. And when I ate I was satisfied and full.

This time I've stayed away from wheat products for the sake of my gastro issues, so loading is going to be interesting. I'll let you know how the first couple days go!

Here are a couple photos I just had my daughter take of me. No makeup though so don't freak out!

Round 2 Here We Come!!! :) Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment